Monday, August 18, 2014

Intro

My name is Landon Tatum.  My favorite book is The Hobbit.


The only reason I read it was because my brother basically forced me to, and I had no interest in it at all.  By the time I was done with it I loved it.  I chose this class because I am not too familiar with this subject in  general, and it is something I decided I want to learn about.  I am currently getting my bachelors in Health Information Management at Southwestern Oklahoma State University, and have a degree in Health information Technology from STLCC.

7 comments:

  1. I have yet to have read the Hobbit but I've heard good things. In terms of Tolkien books I've heard it's the least tedious. I'm sorry your brother forced you to read it but it sounds like that might have turned out for the best. So maybe there's a silver lining there. Have you seen Peter Jackson's movies about it? I absolutely love Desolation of Smaug and I'm looking forward to the third installment. I'm excited to read your perspective on the readings we are assigned. Sometimes English majors see things so one sided that other majors bring a breath of fresh air to a topic or their opinions on a piece. Good luck in the course,
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I like the movies a lot, but the book was better to me. That's how it usually goes though.

      Delete
    2. Yeah I often feel that way, I know it's considered taboo but often I'll actually watch the movie first because I know that if I enjoy the movie then I most likely will enjoy the book. But that's not necessarily true the other way around.

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the class Landon! Did you see the movie for The Hobbit? What did you think?
    ~MS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did and they were really good. As usual, there are some changes though.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I try to not be snobby when they make movies out of books since I realize it is a different form (after all a poem wouldn't be the same as an essay), but I have a hard time when it is books I really love and they change things.

      Delete