Monday, August 18, 2014

Kayla Hilliar

Well hello there, my name is Kayla Hilliar, but I just prefer Kayla. We can skip the formalities. Who's my favorite author? That's a pretty tough question, I have a love/hate relationship with Chuck Palanuick. He's best known for one of his worst books (it's good but he's got much better) Fight Club. My favorite book however isn't written by him. It's written by F. Scott Fitzgerald, yep I'm a Gatsby fan. It's a pretty amazing book when you look into the historical significance of the time and everything that was happening. I think everyone should read it at least once and as much as I love Leonardo DiCaprio , the movie doesn't count. I'm interested in books I love to read and learn more about context and authors and I'm excited to do that in this course. Something unique about me would be that I'm 23, happily married to a United States sailor and looking forward to having him home from his second deployment before this course is over. So that's pretty soon in deployment terms and pretty exciting if I do say so myself. I look forward to reading everyones blogs and sharing my own thoughts in my posts. 

good luck on the semester everyone and may the odds be ever in your favor!!




2 comments:

  1. I have to say those soda bottles with the names on them creep me out a little! Welcome to the course Kayla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are a tad weird at first when you see your name on a bottle of soda. Especially when it's coke (I don't like coke) but I'm a scrapbooker and I couldn't think of a cooler embellishment than an authentic label with you name printed on it. And I think I'll be able to make a really neat layout using the label with my name and my husbands names.

      Delete